Index of /
ServiceDesk Plus 8 ReadMe
you for installing ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus 8 - a comprehensive and
affordable IT Help Desk and Asset Management software. ServiceDesk Plus
8 release includes the following features below,
Agent based Scanning
|This module enables IT Administrators to create, maintain
and monitor Service Catalog.
for creating Service Catalog with service categories and services.
for automatic redirection for approval when a service is requested.
for user group based display of services.
for SLA based services.
for additional fields similar to requests.
Integration with Desktop Central
Apart from agentless scanning,
agent based scanning would be supported. The agent needs to be installed
in the remote machines and would be used for inventory scanning and remote
desktop. The agent would support delta scanning too i.e.,only the difference
in the inventory data between subsequent scans would be sent to the SDP
server. This enhances the speed of the discovery process as well as reduces
the bandwidth usage.
- Option to install a software for a user / computer
using Desktop Central.
- Option to uninstall a software for a user / computer
using Desktop Central.
- Predefined dashboards with pre-defined widgets.
Linking of requests:
- Option to specify that a request is similar to
another request and map them together.
- Option to copy the resolution, worklog, notes
etc.. to the linked requests.
- Purchase Order Enhancements:
- PO Workflow includes three new states - Ordered
PO, Invoice Received and Payment done.
- Provision to reconcile assets created by receiving
items from PO and assets scanned during scanning.
- Provision to configure multiple approver for
- Provision to restrict approver to approve a PO
based on the total cost of the PO.
- Items of type Consumable will not be added as
individual asset while they are received from PO.
- Support for configuring different tax rates for
items in single PO.
- Support for adding invoice details and payment
details to PO.
- Support for configuring the mandatory close fields
- Software License Management:
- Import software licenses from CSV.
- Supports different license types like OEM, concurrent,
enterprise-subscription, enterprise-perpetual, free, named user, node
locked, trial apart from the existing CAL, volume, individual. license
types for Microsoft, Adobe and Symantec are configured by default.
- Support for configuring custom license types.
- Support for license agreements and notifications
on license expiry.
- Auto Sync of Distributed Data: The inventory data
scanned in the remote SDP servers would be pushed automatically to the
central SDP server at periodic intervals.
- Remote Control Settings: Remote control to a machine
by default would prompt for user's permission to access the machine. Machines
for which the prompt is not required (say, Servers) can be configured
from the workstation/server list view.
- API Enhancement: Supports REST type API.
- Automatic assigning of tickets based on the availability
and current ticket count of a technician. i.e. request gets assigned to
a technician who has the least number of open tickets.
- Option to assign a backup technician for requests
when a technician is on leave.
- Approvals for Change/Purchase/Service requests and
Incident requests from a technician or requester is displayed in Home
-> My Views.
- User Group based solutions, incident templates and
- Site based implementation for problem and change.
- Support to search notes, worklog, resolution and
request ID for the request module.
- Supports request closure code while closing a request.
- The new query report option is available to technicians
only with SDAdmin role.
- Global View and Asset View under the Home tab are
moved to Dashboard module.
- PO will not move to "Closed" state immediately
after receiving all the items. It has to be done manually.
- Agent ID is the first identifier that would be used
for identifying the presence of a scanned workstation in the database.
- Worklog can be added only for the technicians who
belong to the associated sites of the logged in technician.
- Conversations are moved to a separate table. So when
a merged request is split, a new request ID is generated and assigned.
- Merged request details cannot be viewed by changing
the ID in the URL.
- Approval state of the request changes to "Rejected"
only when all the approvers reject the request.
- Incident Templates are grouped based on the service
category configured in the template.
- For requests raised via email, the requester's site
will be set only if the site value in the default template is "Not
Associated to any Site". This is similar to the self service portal
For any queries or product-related
support, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on
the ManageEngine suite, visit http://www.manageengine.com/
© 2010 ZOHO Corporations. All rights reserved.